Starting an organization is a two step process.
1. Visit the Student Government “Start a Club” page and follow the recognition process as directed.
2. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of your interest. This email can also provide answers to any questions you may have about the process.
- The Student Government recognition process generally takes between three and six weeks.
- Full approval for a new organization is achieved via a majority vote of the SG General Body.
- Once approved, the Student Government can assist your organization in its functioning and success.
Once fully approved by the Student Government, you will receive instructions on to schedule a New Organization Orientation and Advising meeting with the Office of Student Involvement. Any questions related to this on-boarding meeting can be directed to the Graduate Assistant for Student involvement at email@example.com.
NOTE: If you are interested in starting a new fraternity or sorority, please see the Expansion Process to review the process, requirements, and contacts.