Here is the message from Vice President for Student Affairs Sean Stallings about our shift to an interim fundraising process.
Our goal is to make this simple, so here’s the big question:
Will you be using The College of New Jerseys name in your fundraising efforts?
Please think through this… Does the item you’re selling say TCNJ? Does the advertised name of your student organization start with “TCNJ?” Are you advertising that you are a student organization at The College of New Jersey? Does the Instagram account you are using to promote it have “TCNJ” in its name? Are you using imagery from TCNJ’s campus? You get the idea…If you are reading this, answering “NOPE!” to all of these questions, you do not have to follow this process. You can host your own fundraiser, under your own name, without any need to submit information or paperwork to the College.
If you answered yes to any of these things, no worries, we made this interim process super simple!
- Prepare the following information:
- Student Representative from your Recognized Student Organization (their name and email)
- Name of your fundraiser
- Start and end date of the fundraising effort
- Name of the organization you are raising funds for? (your student organization, a charitable organization, etc.)
- Methods of money collection you will be using
- Method to transfer funds to the organization you’re raising funds for
- A brief description of how you’re soliciting donations. As a reminder, raffles, 50/50, or any type of Game of Chance are illegal unless your organization is registered with Ewing Township. Proof of registration is required to receive approval.
- Fill out this form (it’s going to ask you to share those items we asked you to prepare)
- You will need to submit a record of donations received and documentation of moving those funds to their final destination. Please plan ahead to have this information available.
- If using VENMO or PAYPAL, these transaction records can be downloaded using the web version of VENMO or PAYPAL. (We even show you how to do this in the form)
- Documentation that funds were moved to their final destination can be a screenshot of a venmo transfer, credit card donation receipt, a thank you email from the organization, or something similar. IT MUST INCLUDE the total amount donated, the recipients name, and the date. This amount should align with the amount you collected in your donation records.
- Within two weeks of the conclusion of your fundraiser, fill out the Fundraising Final Report. You will not be required to fill out this form if you are raising funds for your own organization.
- We will email you a Fundraising Final Report form the week after your fundraiser ends (based on the dates you tell us in your registration)
Want to know more about the Fundraising Policy? Read it here: Fundraising Policy 2021-2022. If you have any problems anywhere in this process, email email@example.com – we’re always happy to help!
It’s our true hope that this helps clarify our stance in supporting our student organizations to fundraise for their missions, programs, and values. If you are unclear about any of this, or if we left something out, let us know!
Temporarily Suspended Process:
The Student Organization Fundraising Policy applies to all programs, sales, and activities designed to collect and raise money for a student organization or for a 3rd party organizations.
Most Student Org Fundraisers simply require the completion of the Student Organization Fundraising Approval form.
After completing the form, your organization will receive a reply from the Office of Student Involvement indicating if the fundraiser is approved.
If approved, conduct the activity, event, or sale. Deposit all collected funds into your SFB fundraising account within 24 hours of collection and provide documentation of your deposit to the Office of Student Involvement within 10 days.
More complex events and fundraising activity is support and can be learned about by reaching out to the Office of Student Involvement, or by reading the Student Organization Fundraising Policy