Procedure for Posting Flyers on Approved Bulletin Boards
- A list of 50 approved bulletin boards across campus has been established by the Office of Student Involvement.
- Only one approved item per event will be posted on any single bulletin board. Items may not be larger than 11″ x 17″.
- All requests to post materials must be submitted through Lion’s Gate to the staff in the Office of Student Involvement.
- All requests will be reviewed within 1 business day.
- A confirmation notification via Lion’s Gate will be sent to the submitter once materials have been approved or to identify why material was not approved.
- Approved materials will be digitally stamped indicating the item has been “Approved for Posting”.
- All flyers will be printed in grayscale (black and white) by the Office of Student Involvement. Requests for colored paper will accepted dependent upon availability of requested paper color.
- Departments and Student Organizations wishing to post in color may request to have a digitally approved version of their flyer returned to print on their own. Departments and Student Organizations must deliver these printed flyers to the Office of Student Involvement for distribution (50 copies please – if less copies are submitted, flyers will be posted but not in all locations).
- All approvals will last for 30 days or until the advertised event has passed.
- All approved materials will be hung on designated bulletin boards by the Office of Student Involvement staff.
- Any expired or unapproved postings will be removed and discarded by the Office of Student Involvement staff.
- Postings made on any non-designated spaces (e.g. Community Advisor bulletin boards, bathroom stalls, windows, walls, pillars, street lamps, trees, etc.) will be removed and discarded.
- Flyers will be distributed every Tuesday and Friday morning. To have flyers hung by Tuesday, materials must be submitted Monday before at 12 pm. To have flyers hung by Friday, materials must be submitted Thursday before at 12 pm
- Violations of this policy will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Dispute Resolution Services and/or appropriate Academic Dean.
- A Third Party group should refer to the Third Party Posting section below.
Third Party Posting
- All Third Party postings will be subject to the same processes outlined in Procedure for Posting Flyers on Approved Bulletin Boards
- Third Party postings will be limited to display on bulletins located in the Brower Student Center